MINI VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS!
Fall is one of my favorite times of the years and that is because PUMPKIN SPICE everything is back and yes....I am that basic white girl who is obsessed with pumpkin spice anything haha! These mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are so delicious and are the perfect fall dessert or party finger food. I swear you won't be able to keep your hands out of the muffin jar! Is a muffin jar even a thing?! Well I guess it is now lol!
I love food, especially desserts and pumpkin muffins have always been my guilty pleasure. I could easily sit and eat an entire batch in one sitting, that's how stinking good these things are! My step mom has handed over her famous mini pumpkin muffin recipe to me and I added my own little twist to these bad boys. The originally recipe is not vegan so I decide to recreate this recipe but vegan style and with some added chocolate chips because who doesn't love some good chocolate chips!
If you are not vegan that is totally fine because these mini pumpkin muffins can still be recreated non-vegan style, all you have to do is replace 1 ingredient! Pretty easy peasy if you ask me.
MINI VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHIP PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar *
- 2 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tsp Ginger
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Cup Avocado Oil (or coconut oil but I prefer the taste of the avocado oil best)
- 2 Mashed Bananas *
- 2/3 Cups Water
- 15oz Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (optional or you can use whatever chocolate chips you like)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, combined all your dry ingredients into one bowl and shift. In a second bowl combined all your wet ingredients and mix.
- Once wet ingredients are mixed together, slowly add your dry ingredients while still mixing. I like to use my electric hand mixer and keep it on the lowest speed while adding in the flour mixture.
- When all the wet and dry ingredients are mixed together and you see no more clumps, that is when you now add in your chocolate chips. Continue to slowly stir/combined the chocolate chips into the pumpkin muffin mixture.
- Make sure you spray your muffin tin with a non-stick spray. I like to use coconut spray and have found it works the best. When everything is mixed together you can now transfer the pumpkin muffin mixture into the tin. I like to fill each muffin slot to the half way mark.
- Let bake for 12-15 minutes. I like to do the toothpick test to see if they are done! Let your muffins sit and cool then you can enjoy them with a nice cold glass of almond milk or your favorite milk!
*If you want your muffins to be extra sweet, you can add 1 1/2 more cups of sugar to make it 2 1/2 cups of sugar. I like to watch my sugar intact but please know these aren't the healthiest of desserts but oh so good*
*If you do not wish to make this recipe vegan all you would need to do is REPLACE the 2 mashed bananas with 2 eggs! That's it. I told you it was easy peasy.*